|JBHS Aquatic Booster Meeting|
|Written by Administrator|
|Tuesday, 07 June 2011 20:06|
June 18, 2012
Motion to approve_____ second_________ Approved_____Approved with changes_____
Call to order 11:20 am by Club President Jerry Earwood
All current board members were present.
Minutes from previous meeting were not available. Jane Cameron stated she may have copies of previous meetings on her computer, and would send them to Mr. Earwood to post on the website and to file in the archives.
Treasurer’s Report by Moises Marroquin
Current balance is $6563.80.
Expenditures since last meeting were two checks, one to the Club’s insurance and the other to Shiela Pancini.
A motion to accept the Report was made by Jane Cameron and seconded by Fran Martinetti. The motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report passed unanimously.
New payables from last swim season were approved for payment. (see agenda for complete list)
Chair person Jane Cameron stated that all snack bar sales made during a game or event will go to the banquet for that team. Sales during boys water polo will go to the boys polo banquet, etc. If we have special purchases we want to fund, special fundraisers will need to be created and utilized for that specific purpose.
Chair person Fran Martinetti reported that she had acquired a JBHS Master Calendar schedule to help us with planning future meetings that would not conflict with other events already scheduled for the MPR. The calendar from Mrs. Stephens was not totally filled in. After some discussion, it was determined that we will try to get the MPR for our mid August meeting, and then use the classroom off of the pool deck for subsequent meetings. She has requested that all electrical outlets around the pool deck be functional and available for use. The outlet on the north wall has been repaired, but members were unable to determine if others around the pool deck were functional.
A) The Banners are to be rehung and cleaned. Merchants who wish to resubscribe will only pay $150 for their banner to remain up starting with the Boys WP season.
B) Membership felt it was important to get as much detail into the actual expenses of the Club for 2011-12 season. Mr. Marroquin will attempt to get copies of all bank statements to that end.
C) Jacquelin Simmons volunteered and was voted in to be the Booster Club Secretary for 2012-13.
We still need “Team Officers” for each boys and girls JV and Varsity teams. Their term is not just during the specific season.
D). The removal of some outdated information on the website was discussed. It was decided to remove the information on the pie fund raiser from the announcements section, and to update the team stats with current information.
Mr. Earwood temporarily suspended the meeting at 11:40 so that members could help with the registration of new athletes to the Summer Camp. The meeting resumed at 12:07.
A) Shirts for summer camp will be ordered on Monday, 6.25.12. Happy Polo is the vendor. Each shirt will cost $12.
B) Coach stipends for the Summer Camp were approved, and a check for ½ of the salary for each coach was written and given to Coach Garcia to distribute to the Summer Camp coaches. The other half of the stipend to be paid at the conclusion of the camp.
The coaching stipends are $2900 head coach, $2600 first assistant coach, and $2300 second assistant coach.
C) At the request of Coach Garcia, an additional part time coaching position was created for the freshmen session. The stipend will be $900. A check for $450 was written and given to Coach Garcia.
D) Tournament fees for a swim tournament in March 2013, was tabled to be voted on at a future meeting.
E) Members felt that having a Paypal link on the website would help parents and the program. A concern about paperwork possibly falling through the cracks was expressed as parents may feel that once that have paid online, the other forms may get forgotten. A “paid online” box will be added to future forms.
F) Members expressed surprise that the Club is not an official 501c3 organization. More discussion of the pros and cons was tabled for a future meeting.
G) Suggested contribution amounts for the 2012-13 polo and swim seasons will remain the same as last year. Parents with hardships may work in the snack bar to help alleviate some of the cost.
H) The polo team will be competing in two tournaments this summer in Fullerton. July 1-2 and July 13-14. The cost for each is $400 dollars, and was approved by unanimous vote.
I) Banquet budgets were briefly discussed. For now, the current budget will remain the same, augmented by sales from the snack bar for each team.
J) Using Easy-ups to provide shade on pool deck was discussed. Jacquelyn Simmons stated that some were purchased last year. No one knew where they are. A search will be instigated and Coach Garcia asked about it.
K) New cage back tarps will be ordered. Cost is yet to be determined.
A) Coach Garcia would like to start a USA Water Polo club in Burbank. This will provide an additional layer of insurance and give the summer program more visibility. The application fee of $240 was approved by unanimous vote. Coaches Garcia and Cook will investigate the procedures to get proper coaching credentials through USA Water Polo.
Adjournment A motion to adjourn was made by Jane Cameron, and seconded by Moises Marroquin. The motion passed unanimously and the meeting was adjourned at 12:27.
|Last Updated on Sunday, 12 August 2012 18:56|